Some things in life serve only to induce rage. No matter how small these annoyances may be, they are never insignificant. 'Rant List' is the chronicle of one self-loathing narcissist's seemingly unending pettiness.

Monday, 7 January 2013

84. People who don't understand what irony is


^ It was very ironic that when I googled 'irony', most of the images were not actually ironic. The irony continues as Jefferson was a believer in God - he was just pro secularism / separation of Church and State. Crumbs.

       Those of you who are using the term ‘ironic’ to mean something darkly funny, mildly unfortunate, tragicomic or whatever else have you: the only remotely ironic thing about the entire situation is that you are using the word ‘irony’ when you clearly don’t understand what constitutes it. Please learn how to use the word correctly before telling me that something is 'ironic' - I am petty enough to immediately correct you and explain why it wasn't ironic.

       As an aside, wouldn’t it be totally meta if this entire post about irony really showed that I didn’t know what irony is? I think I’ve confused myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment