Some things in life serve only to induce rage. No matter how small these annoyances may be, they are never insignificant. 'Rant List' is the chronicle of one self-loathing narcissist's seemingly unending pettiness.

Sunday, 10 October 2010

28. People who say 'arks' instead of 'ask'

^ These are arks. Are you a particularly big fan of them or something?

Honestly, I don't even know what to say about this one. Whatever semblance of logic behind saying 'arks' instead of 'ask' eludes me. And yet, it only ever occurs with the word 'ask' - I've never heard someone say 'tarks' instead of 'task'. You can't just rearrange and add more letters to a word, that destroys the function of language. Rest assured, if you say 'arks', you're responsible for lowering the country's collective IQ. I hope you're proud of yourself, you arks.*

*The joke here is that 'arks' sounds a little bit like 'arse'. I'm trying to provide you with humour that you'd be able to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment